Barbecue season is in full swing, so only for enjoyable, we’ve been including a Westernized affect to traditional Asian flavors in a not-so-average-burger kind. On this distinctive dish, we’re utilizing avocado because the bun, after which a sweet-and-spicy miso mayonnaise, crispy zucchini patty, and salty nori to create the proper mixture of taste. Function a playful appetizer at your subsequent potluck, or get pleasure from as a scrumptious fundamental by itself.
What you want:
For the spicy miso mayonnaise:
⅓ cup vegan mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Sriracha
1 teaspoon white miso paste
1 pinch cayenne pepper
For the tempura zucchini:
2 cups cake flour, divided
1 cup ice water
Canola oil for frying
1 zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch items
For the burger toppings:
4 avocados, peeled, halved, and pitted
2 tablespoons pickled ginger
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
What you do:
1. For the miso mayonnaise, right into a bowl, mix mayonnaise, Sriracha, miso paste, and cayenne. Whisk and put aside.
2. For the tempura zucchini patty, right into a mixing bowl, place one cup flour. Into one other bowl, whisk ice water and remaining flour till clean.
3. Into a big wok or pot, pour oil 2 inches deep, and warmth till 350 levels. Dip zucchini slices into dry flour, take away extra, and dip into tempura batter bowl.
4. For the burger, place 4 zucchini items into wok or pot and fry, ensuring to not overcrowd every batch. Fry for about 3 minutes, or till crispy and golden. Switch to rack to chill.
5. Unfold a thick layer of miso mayo onto every half of avocado, and high with zucchini tempura patty, pickled ginger, and nori strips. Sprinkle sesame seeds on high and serve.