This recipe from the Evergreen Cookbook makes use of the warmth of the oven to steep the fiery chili oil with loads of garlic and crimson pepper flakes, whereas the tofu and broccolini bake alongside.
What you want:
1 (16-ounce) package deal extra-firm tofu, patted dry and lower into ½-inch cubes
2 tablespoons tamari
7 tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided
4 teaspoons cornstarch
6 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 teaspoons crimson pepper flakes
½ teaspoon positive salt, divided
2 bunches broccolini, trimmed
2 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
Flaky salt, for garnish
2 cups cooked jasmine rice, for serving
Lime wedges, for serving
What you do:
1. Place oven racks in higher and decrease thirds of oven and preheat to 425 levels. Line 2 giant baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. On one ready baking sheet, add tofu. Drizzle tamari over tofu, and toss till most of tamari is absorbed. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle cornstarch over tofu and toss to coat. Unfold tofu in an excellent layer, then bake on decrease rack for quarter-hour, till frivolously golden, however not but crispy.
3. In a small oven-safe glass container, mix 5 tablespoons of oil, garlic, sesame seeds, crimson pepper flakes, and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
4. As soon as tofu has baked for quarter-hour, flip cubes. Place container of chili garlic oil onto identical baking sheet and bake on decrease rack till tofu is golden brown and crispy round edges and oil is frivolously effervescent, about quarter-hour. Take away from oven.
5. Onto second baking sheet, add broccolini. Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil over prime and toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Bake on higher rack till brilliant inexperienced and tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of garlic oil over tofu. Utilizing a spatula, toss till evenly coated in oil. On a serving plate, mix coated tofu and broccolini. Garnish with scallions and flaky salt. Serve with rice, lime wedges, and remaining chili garlic oil for drizzling.