Espresso provides a scrumptious twist on the traditional caramel millionaire bars on this recipe from the Nourishing Vegan Each Day cookbook. Full of mocha taste, every chew of those plant-based sweets will soften in your mouth.
What you want:
For the crust:
1¼ cup rolled oats
½ cup floor almonds
½ cup pecans
1 tablespoon floor espresso
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
¼ cup cashew or almond butter
3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ teaspoon salt
For the caramel:
½ cup cashew or almond butter
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon instantaneous espresso dissolved in 1 teaspoon sizzling water
¼ teaspoon salt
For the topping:
3 ounces vegan chocolate, chopped
What you do:
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. For the bottom, in a meals processor, add oats, almonds, pecans, and occasional and pulse right into a wonderful meal. Pour right into a medium mixing bowl and add cacao powder, cashew butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. Stir till a sticky combine that holds collectively when pressed kinds.
- Pour into ready pan and press down firmly to type an excellent base layer. Chill in fridge.
- For the caramel, right into a small bowl, add all components. Stir till easy. Pour over base layer and chill in fridge for 1 hour, or till set and agency to the touch.
- Take away from pan and use a warmed, sharp knife to slice into ten bars or squares. Place again in fridge.
- For the topping, line a baking tray with parchment paper. In a double boiler, soften chocolate. One after the other, dip every caramel slice into chocolate and place on tray. Sprinkle with espresso beans, cacao nibs, and flaky salt. Set in fridge for 10 minutes, or till chocolate has hardened.