Basic Parker Home Rolls are legendary; a buttery sheen highlights the curves of their crisp crusts, concealing a young, fluffy crumb inside. However the conventional version has nothing on this pumpkin-infused plant-based model from The On a regular basis Vegan Cheat Sheet cookbook.
What you want:
1½ cups plain vegan milk, warmed to room temperature
¼ cup darkish brown sugar, firmly packed
1 packet (1¾ teaspoons) energetic dry yeast
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegan butter, divided
¾ cup pumpkin purée
⅓ cup aquafaba
1½ teaspoons salt
6½ to 7½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
1 tablespoon contemporary rosemary, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon contemporary thyme, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon contemporary parsley, roughly chopped
Coarse or flaky sea salt, to garnish
What you do:
- In a medium bowl, mix vegan milk, sugar, and yeast. Let stand for 10 to fifteen minutes, till yeast reactivates and turns into barely frothy.
- Soften ¼ cup of butter and place in bowl of stand mixer, with pumpkin, aquafaba, salt, 3 cups of flour, and milk combination. Utilizing dough hook, start mixing on low velocity till mixed, scraping down sides of bowl as wanted.
- Add remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, till dough comes collectively and varieties a smooth, clean ball. Proceed to knead with dough hook for about 10 minutes, till dough is elastic however not moist or sticky.
- Switch to a evenly greased bowl and canopy with a clear kitchen towel. Let relaxation in a heat place for about an hour, or till roughly doubled in dimension.
- Preheat oven to 350 levels. On a evenly floured floor, roll out dough to ½-inch in thickness. Use a 2½-inch spherical cookie cutter to stamp out rolls. If dough is sticking to sides, dip cookie cutter in flour first, to coat edges.
- Soften remaining butter and brush over prime of every spherical. Fold rounds in half earlier than inserting on a half sheet pan, lined evenly and simply barely touching. Repeat, gathering up scraps and re-rolling, till all dough is used. Let rise for one more 20 to half-hour.
- Sprinkle chopped rosemary, thyme, and parsley over prime earlier than baking for 25 to half-hour, till golden-brown throughout. End with a lightweight sprinkle of coarse or flaky salt and serve heat.