With tender stems and crispy leaves, the roasted bok choy on this recipe from The Vegan ABCs Cookbook is particular in its personal proper. Squeeze zesty, contemporary lemon juice excessive proper earlier than serving to convey out the perfect in each taste.
What you want:
For the roasted child bok choy:
2 teaspoons sunflower oil
2 teaspoons tamari
4 child bok choy, minimize in half, lengthwise
For the miso-mustard tempeh:
1 (8-ounce) package deal tempeh, minimize into 8 rectangles
1 tablespoon mellow white miso
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon grainy mustard
1 tablespoon tamari
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
Toasted sesame seeds
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 levels. Line 1 / 4 sheet pan with parchment paper.
- For the bok choy, in a small mixing bowl, whisk sunflower oil and tamari. Place bok choy on sheet pan, minimize facet up. Drizzle oil and tamari combination over prime of bok choy.
- Place bok choy in oven and roast for 10 minutes. Take away from oven, flip minimize facet down and bake for one more 5 to 10 minutes, till leaves are charred. Take away from oven.
- For the tempeh, right into a walled pan, add tempeh and canopy with water. Deliver to a boil, scale back to a simmer and prepare dinner, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Into a big mixing bowl, add miso, water, mustard, tamari, and sunflower oil. Break up miso with a whisk and mix till fully easy.
- When tempeh has completed simmering, drain and add to marinade, flipping over to coat either side. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Warmth a cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium warmth. Add tempeh and prepare dinner till first facet begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Flip tempeh over and prepare dinner second facet for one more 5 minutes.
- Divide tempeh and bok choy between 4 serving plates, drizzle with lemon juice and sesame seeds, and serve.